Kona Coffee Farmers Association - Board of Directors Meeting
Monday July 17, 2017- CTAHR Conference Room
CALL TO ORDER- 3pm by President Suzanne Shriner
Present: Suzanne Shriner, Sandra Scarr, Jim Monk, Mike McMullen, Cecelia Smith, Allan Frank and Chet Gardiner. Bruce Corker in attendance.
Corrections to June 19th Minutes:
Moved $6400 (not $6000) of restricted funds to Science Committee
No motion was made on $40 ticket price as reported
Agenda Consent Approval
Will need Expense/Income Form for any reimbursement. Form will be available on website under Board Access. Motion made by Mike and seconded by Allan. Passed
1. Coffee and Art Stroll- November 4, 2017- Bruce Corker/Anita Kelleher
Mike McMullen will help Anita Kelleher, overall. Karen Zulkowski and Jim Monk to care for KCFA’s booth.
2. Restaurant recognition- Bruce Corker
a. Resume program by 1) Developing list of restaurants that serve 100% Kona, 2) Ads in the WHT and 3) Creating new “rack cards” with information on where to get 100% Kona. Proposed email to Members asking if they provide coffee to a restaurant or if they know of a restaurant that sells 100% Kona, to be sent out.
b. Sandra Scarr to head Committee.
3. Farm Service Agency (?- correct name?) – Suzanne Shriner
KCFA asked to consider nominating a Coffee farmer to FSA Board, by August 1 deadline. Suzanne to write up a soliciting email to Members.
- Tiny Houses-Chet Gardiner
Governor vetoed Bill. Suzanne and Sandra to follow-up to ascertain if Bill can be brought back in Extended Session (correct term?) of Legislature
- North Kona Water conservation issue -Suzanne Shriner
In response to a KCFA member who is not allowed to irrigate his coffee because of the restriction, Suzanne will write to Water Board citing the issue and copy relevant people.
1. Preharvest Banquet- Green Flash contract rejected because of large cost and very limited Menu. Mike M. made motion, seconded by Cea and motion passed. Sandra Scarr will contact: Daylight Mind, Holuakoa Café and Mi’s for possibilities.
- Blends/KCFA Member-KCFA Member G. Gostling was unaware of misuse of his trademark and is in contact with Bruce. Plans action against the purported company –Maud’s Coffee/Intelligent Blends. Bruce and Cea to follow up.
Meeting adjourned at 4:15pm by President Suzanne Shriner.