Supplies Needed Beforehand
- Thin wall PVC Pipe, 1.5 inches in diameter, 21-24 inches long
- Two MacNut Bags (1 used for shoulder harness)
- Sash Cord for Harness – approximately 3 feet (or more) long
- Smaller diameter cord for securing PVC to bag – approximately 6 feet and also another 2 feet for securing bag to shoulder harness
- Duct Tape for shoulder harness
- Pebble or large marble to secure corner of Fertiliser Bag to Harness
To Install PVC Pipe
Carefully cut stitching in one bottom corner of a MacNut bag to diameter of PVC pipe. Flare material out from cutting. Insert PVC pipe approximately 1 inch into hole, with flared material along PVC. Secure with cord as shown in “Applicator End when Secured to Bag” photo below. Photo #2
To Create Shoulder Harness
Lay sash cord on ground. Tightly wrap other MacNut bag width-wise around sash cord, and secure completely with duct tape. As shown in Photo #1 (Applicator Bag when Completed)
To Install Shoulder Harness
Insert a round pebble or large marble into the other corner (the harness corner) of the MacNut bag. Make a loop that fits securely around the outside of the pebble/marble and secure with cord as shown in “Shoulder Harness Attached to Bag” photo below. Photo #3
Questions can be emailed to Bob here.
Good luck!! Works very well, especially in uneven terrain.